January 26, 2019

Behind the Leaning Tower of Pisa

Here's a special behind-the-scenes peek of the process of making my Leaning Tower of Pisa card.

It took about a day to illustrate the tower. I lean* towards using Adobe Illustrator for most of my work because vector graphics are scalable to any size.
*see what I did there? 

Adobe Illustrator is my go to program for creating all Flopsock Designs.




Some color and a crooked frame with "I got you" makes it a message of support.
The art gets scaled to fit into a 4.25" x 5.5"A2 greeting card template.




Then the image is dropped into an open flat layout created in Adobe InDesign.
For a vertical card layout, the front is the right side and the back is the left side.




The layout file is saved as a high resolution PDF and sent to the printer. A few days later, the printed cards are ready to be trimmed and scored to fold.
A little trim around the edges and these babies will be ready to go.

And here's the finished product!

All Flopsock Design greeting cards including this one come with a matching kraft paper envelope.


Hope you enjoyed this post. To see more, follow me on Instagram @baarrbaarraaa and Pinterest!