March 20, 2017

Astronaut fan club

A customer wrote to me explaining that she was creating a space-themed birthday party for her son and wanted a cohesive look for the party. She ordered my astronaut party invitations and asked to purchase the usage rights to my astronaut image so she could screen print it on the cake. 


Astronaut Birthday Party Invite
One small step for a party invitation...

























I really appreciate her taking the time to reach out and get permission first. I told her that if she sent me a photo of the cake to post online, I would not charge a usage fee. She sent the photo and wrote back, "I wanted to thank you for allowing us to use your image. My (almost) 6 year old loves it. You do amazing work and we are so in love with that little astronaut!"



...One giant leap for a theme party! 



















Getting this kind of feedback is very rewarding to me. For those of you who are new to this blog, I have been selling my work on Zazzle since 2009. Sellers hardly ever get to hear from customers. So I've opened up my Flopsock Designs shop on Etsy and I'm re-working my best selling designs to sell as greeting cards and art prints.

As for this astronaut design, I simplified his balloon situation and added a hand lettered birthday message. These cute little cards are on sale now in my shop. They are A2 size (4.24"x5.5"), blank inside, and comes with a kraft paper envelope.



New astronaut birthday card design 
























I have more cards and art prints coming soon. For updates, follow me on Instagram.